Vision, Aims and Ethos
The vision of the school is to provide a ‘Once in a Lifetime’ education to every pupil.
We recognise that the early formative years are the most important for children with Special Educational Needs and Disabilities to learn new skills.
Children should enjoy attending Woolley Wood School and they should receive the highest level of care and support to enable them to be confident to take risks and learn.
Children should leave Woolley Wood School being as independent in their learning as possible so that they are ready for the next phase of their education.
Adults should value the importance of supporting pupils with SEND and they should feel empowered to be able to provide the best possible education and care.
All members of the school community should recognise that creating a safe, exciting and fun learning environment promotes morale and engagement.
In order to make a difference we:
- Recognise that every pupil has unique skills, abilities and needs
- Provide high staff to pupil ratios to ensure children are well supported
- Create Individual Pupil Learning Plans that support pupils to work towards achieving the outcomes detailed in their Education, Health & Care Plan
- Provide high quality specialist learning resources and environment
- Ensure the Multi-Disciplinary Team provides a holistic approach to pupil development
- Recognise and value the importance of working in partnership with parents
- Promote excellent communications with all stakeholders
- Strive to ensure that the children remain at the centre of all that we do